Post 001: In the beginning there
was..
So I've started varsity now, well
I have moved to port Elizabeth and ill start lectures on Monday the 10th. I am
not too sure what to expect exactly to be honest, everyone says, " jeepers
varsity will become your life" " there's so much work that you won't
have a social life" and the best one would have to be " in your first
week you cover all the work you did in matric". I am pretty sure that it
will be loads of work but people generally tend to over exaggerate a lot! so I'm
not too stressed. Just abit anxious to begin and see what the fuss is about I
suppose.
I decided that last week I would
go to orientation but ended up being abit late so I couldn't join a group. so I
just decided to roam around the varsity and sort out a few things. while
venturing around my building that I'll have my classes in, all I could see were
girls that are doing interior design! like, where are the guys? haha. I might as
well be doing interior decorating! like seriously hahahaha. but anyhow I think that's
enough of varsity stuff! onto my pressing matters like SPORT!
I have my provincials on Sunday
and to be honest I really don't feel like going to East London to do this race,
so much travelling OMG! so hopefully my coach can speak to the Amatole
committee so that I can go to SA's cause let's be honest now, I've been
training to go to worlds and I'm making the times for SA's so I don't see a
need to go to provincials? but I guess I'll just have to see how things go over
on that side..
onto my training now, I've been
here a week now and I think I've been pretty disciplined with my training, far
better than what I was at home haha. I've been doing all my runs and most of my
cycles.. that's been lacking abit and that needs the most work! it's just that it's
so damn boring man! like today I had an 80km cycle to do and man did I get
bored! the road was so bumpy, it reminded me of the ball busting stutt road!
haha OUCH and then I went for a 8km run which involved a 2km walk! shame..
haha. but I enjoyed the run especially right after my cycle! and tomorrow I
have a track session of 5X1km's! D: I am going to DIE!! but I shall see how
that goes and I have a early morning ride to do! flip the group meets so far
away from me!! like seriously. I've never had to cycle 11km to a group before,
it used to be a 2 min free wheel to the group haha! things most definitely have
changed, for the better though.
I think as a personal side note
to my training: I need to learn to keep to the intensities, cause if I don't
then my improvement will just take longer! NEED TO DO THAT!!
Thoughts of the day: I'm thinking
of doing athletics for NMMU, but I'm abit scared that I will get distracted my
main focus. I mean it does sound pretty awesome that I get to run against
people who I go to varsity with and around SA. I don't think I'll do very well
but I just keep thinking that its worth a shot? I really would like to take
part in the meeting this Saturday I think it will be off the hook! would love
to see how I would fair against NMMU runners!!
No comments:
Post a Comment